Think you have the winning recipe? There’s a $500 prize in it for you. GO!
The Healthy Grains Institute is committed to providing Canadians with science-based information on the benefits of whole grains as an important part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Calling all Registered Dietitians! We’re looking for your best original whole grain recipe that we will share via www.healthygrains.ca and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), inspiring Canadians to cook! The winning recipe developer will win a $500 gift card to Williams-Sonoma or Apple (winner to select).
Your recipe must:
- Be a side dish or meal (no desserts please)
- Contain whole grains (whole grain wheat, rye, spelt, oats, quinoa, etc.)
- Have no refined grains
- Take 30 minutes or less for the average home cook to prepare
- Be an original recipe that you created
- Include with your submission a photo of the finished product
You can send up to three recipe submissions, using the form below by midnight on Saturday May 31, 2021 at Noon EST. Chef Soo Kim will test and judge the recipes based on the following criteria:
- Balance of textures, flavours and colours
- Preparation in 30 minutes or less
- Use of whole grains
About Soo Kim: Recipe developer, chef, food stylist and recipe tester Soo Kim was formally trained at George Brown, and honed her craft in kitchen across the globe. She has developed and tested recipes for Canadian Living, Loblaw, Chatelaine, LCBO Food & Drink, Homemakers, Fresh Juice, Metro and the Globe and Mail, and works as a chef, food and prop stylist for several Food Network television shows.